I have been following the F-Factor diet for quite some time now which is really more of a lifestyle and about making healthy swaps for the traditionally not the healthiest items. It’s following a low net carb, high fiber diet which is basically just making sure you’re eating a lot of clean, raw foods like veggies!
With Thanksgiving this week, I know I’m definitely going to splurge and let myself enjoy some of the foods I don’t normally eat on F-Factor. Because of this, I wanted to make some healthy swaps where I could. See below for 3 100% F-Factor approved sides I’m planning to have this week!
Vegetarian Thanksgiving Stuffing (Credit: F-Factor)
INGREDIENTS (Serves 8):
-Extra virgin olive oil spray
-1 medium onion, died
-3 stalks celery, diced
-1 lb cremini or button mushrooms, sliced
-1 tbsp chopped fresh sage leaves
-1 tsp chopped fresh thyme leaves
-4 egg whites, beaten
-2.5 cups vegetable broth
-2 tsp kosher salt
-1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
-4 servings (8 waffles) F-Factor 2020 Everyday waffles, broken up into cubes (Recipe included below)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 9×13” baking dish with cooking spray.
- Coat a large skillet with a nonstick cooking spray over medium-heat high. Add onion and celery and sauce until softened slightly, about 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and herbs and continue to cook until mushrooms are browned and the veggies are slightly tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg whites and vegetable broth. Add the cubed 20/20 waffles and toss to coat all of the cubed pieces. Stir in the cooked onions and mushrooms mixture, salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- Transfer to the baking dish and bake, covered loosely with foil, for 40-50 minutes. Remove the foil for the last 10 minutes of cooking time to brown the top. Remove from oven and serve.
NUTRITIONAL INFO (per serving): 13g Carbs, 11g Fiber, 161 Calories, 21g Protein.
20/20 WAFFLES (2 waffles per serving, please make 4x to get required 8).
-1 scoop Vanilla 20/20 Powder
-1 scoop Unflavored 20/20 Powder
-1 tsp baking powder
-1 tsp coconut oil
-4 egg whites
Directions: Mix together in bowl until smooth and add to waffle iron that has been coated with non-stick spray.
Cheesy 20/20 Cauliflower Mash (Credit: F-Factor)
INGREDIENTS (Serves 4):
-1 head of cauliflower, chopped
-1/4 cup chicken stock
-2 scoops Unflavored 20/20 Powder
-3 cloves roasted garlic
-3 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
-2 tbsp Greek cream cheese
-1/4 cup fat free mozzarella
-salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place a medium pot of water over medium heat and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add chopped cauliflower and boil for about 10 minutes until cauliflower is tender and soft. Remove pot from heat, drain and pat cauliflower with a dry towel.
- Place hot cauliflower in a food processor with chicken stock, 20/20 powder, garlic, 2 (of the 3) tbsp parmesan cheese, Freak cream cheese, and mozzarella and process until completely smooth. Add additional Tbsp Greek cream cheese as needed for creaminess.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the mixture into a 9×9 glass basking dish and top with remaining tbsp parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
NUTRITIONAL INFO (per serving): 6g Carbs, 8g Fiber. 117 Calories. 12g Protein.